LIBERTY TOWNSHIP BOARD OF TRUSTEES
DELAWARE COUNTY, OHIO
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Sealed Bids will be received by Liberty Township, Delaware County, Fire Department EMS Cot Proposal.
Scope of Work:
· Three (3) electric over hydraulic, automatic load systems
· Three (3) new electric over hydraulic, compatible, NFPA1701 compliant (2013 edition) KKK compliant, Universal Laboratories certified, Ambulance cots. These items should handle patients up to 700 pounds
· A five (5) year extended service and maintenance warranty that covers all facets of both systems against breakage and malfunction.
· All respondents shall include three (3) separate days of manufacturer/vendor supplied device training on all components as part of the bid quotation.
Additional requirements are noted below. All proposals shall be dropped off or sent to:
Liberty Township Fire Dept. EMS Cot proposal
C/o Matt Huffman – Administrator
10104 Brewster Lane Suite 125
Powell, Ohio 43065
Proposals are due by 5:00 PM on Monday, November 7, 2016. Any proposal received after this time will be deemed non-compliant and therefore rejected. Proposals shall be opened at the Liberty Township Board of Trustees Regular Meeting on Monday, November 7th, 2016 at 7:30 pm. The Board of Trustees reserves the right to accept the lowest or best bid and to reject any and all bids.
Additional required specifications
The following are requirements that the cots and loading systems shall meet or exceed:
1. The system shall meet or exceed the following independent certifications of;
B. IEC60601-1 and IEC 60601-1-2
D. NFPA standards 1917 section 6.22.2 (2013 edition)
2. The system shall meet or exceed the following vehicular crash standards
A. EN 1789:2007 Medical vehicles and their equipment – Road Ambulances
B. AS/NZS 4535:1999 Ambulance restraint systems
3. The system shall meet or exceed and have obtained or maintained UL-60601-1 and CAN/CSA C22.2 N.601.1 certification by Universal Laboratories
4. The loading systems shall be mounted inside the patient compartment to prevent environmental exposure and corrosion.
5. Loading Device must remain engaged to cot and provide a means of lifting and lowering during loading and unloading.
6. Device must conform to AS/NZS-4535 for dynamic crash testing.
7. Device must conform to BS EN-1789 clause 4.5.9 for dynamic crash testing.
8. Device to be compliant to IEC 60601-1 and IEC 60601-1-2.
9. Device shall provide a linear guide when loading and unloading the cot.
10. Device shall provide manual back-up in the event of power failure.
11. Device shall have wireless communication capabilities.
12. The system shall be capable of lifting patients weighing up to 700 pounds.
13. The system shall support the patient and cot throughout the loading and unloading process.
14. The system shall be equipped with LED indicators which communicate system status to the operator.
15. The system shall provide a method of inductive charging for associated batteries without the use of cables or connectors.
16. The system shall provide a method of operation for powered ambulance cots and non-powered ambulance cots.
17. The system shall provide an alternative method of operation in the event that the system loses power or experiences an error.
18. Each cot shall be furnished with two (2), twenty-four (24) volt batteries from the manufacture