Commercial Building Department
Commercial Building Permitting
The Commercial Building Permitting process is handled through the Delaware County Building Department effective October 19, 2019. Beginning October 19, 2019, when filing with the Delaware County Building Department, all contractors will be required to also submit a copy of building plans to the Liberty Township Fire Department.
Please visit the Delaware County Code Compliance website for more information.
Fire Plan Review Process
Plans can be dropped off for review at the following locations between the hours of 8 am and 4 pm, Monday through Friday (except legal holidays):
- Liberty Township Administrative Offices, 10104 Brewster Lane, Suite 125
- Liberty Township Fire Station - 10150 Sawmill Parkway
Liberty Township Commercial Building Permit Application
Use the Commercial Building Permit Application form and include the following:
- Any additional papers
- Flash drive, if needed
- Sets of plan
There is a 30-day turnaround time from submittal date.
Plan Review Pick Up
You will receive an email from Lieutenant Tom Saunders, which will include the amount of fees due and the date when your plan will be ready. Liberty Township Commercial Building Fee Schedule (PDF)
- No plans will be released until all fees are paid in full.
- Check or Money Order ONLY. No cash or credit cards accepted.
- Plans may only be picked up at the Township Administrative Offices, 10104 Brewster Lane, between the hours of 8 am and 4 pm, Monday through Friday, except legal holidays.
To schedule an inspection, contact the Delaware County Code Compliance office at 740-833-2222.
For inspection scheduling 24 hours a day, visit the Delaware County Code Compliance website.
For all other inspections witness test of fire alarms, fire sprinkler systems, fire suppression systems, underground fire lines and life safety finals, please contact the Delaware County Code Compliance Inspector directly. The Delaware County Code Compliance Inspector will confirm with the Fire Department of the inspection time and schedule.