2021 Liberty Township Photo Contest
Liberty Township is excited to launch our first Annual Photo Contest to showcase the talent of our residents and the beauty of our community!
Liberty Township’s 1st Annual Photo Contest Overview and Rules:
When: The contest will be held from June 21, 2021 to July 31, 2021.
Who: This photo contest is open to all amateur photographers, children to adult. Amateur is defined as someone who derives less than 50% of their annual income from the sale of photographs or photographic works. Liberty Township-Delaware County employees and their families are ineligible to participate in the contest.
Awards will be given to the first, second, and third place winners within each respective age category (12 and younger; 13-18; and 19 and older). Liberty Township’s Special Events and Community Relations Advisory Board will review the entries and select the winners which will be announced during the week of August 16, 2021. The decisions of the judges are final. In addition, there will be a “People’s Choice” category that will be voted upon by the public, both through social media and in-person 2845 Home Road, Powell, OH 43065 from August 2, 2021 to August 13, 2021.
What: This year’s theme – “Season of Our Community” – asks participants to submit photos that capture Liberty Township’s beauty during a season of their choosing. The season could represent an actual change in scenery (fall leaves, sunshine, budding flowers) or a season could represent someone’s path during a season of their life.
Photos taken outside of Liberty Township-Delaware County will be disqualified. For best results, please be sure to set your camera or smartphone settings at the highest possible resolution. Any contestant who submits photos of people must have written consent from the people or person in the submitted photo.
How: Contestants should submit high resolution digital photographs in a .jpeg format via on-line, or they may mail to or deliver in-person to Liberty Township Admin. Offices, 2845 Home Road, Powell, OH 43065, along with one entry form per entry, and a consent/ release form if applicable. If submitted via mail or in-person, the photo must be 8x10. All entries will be printed/displayed as an 8x10.
Upon entering this contest you agree to comply with the below guidelines and rules.
- The contest will be held from June 21, 2021 to July 31, 2021 at midnight.
- All photo entries must be submitted online by using the Contest Entry Form, or by printing and completing a Entry Form (please print clearly) and mailing to, or hand-delivering to Liberty Township Admin. Offices, 2845 Home Road, Powell, OH 43065. Entries need to be a minimum resolution of 2400 x 3000 pixels, a maximum of 5MB and in jpeg/jpg format. Entries will be printed/displayed as an 8x10. If submitted via mail or in-person, the photo must be 8x10. No major digital enhancements or alterations will be accepted. Please do not include any watermarks, date stamps, borders, writing or quotes on photos.
- Photos taken outside of Liberty Township will be disqualified.
- No more than (2) two photos may be submitted per entrant.
- Each photo entry must be submitted with an entry form. If the photo contains people, the photo submission must be accompanied by a signed photo release form. Release form(s) may be submitted on-line or printed and delivered with the photo entry. A form must be signed by each adult in the photo and permission granted by a parent or guardian for any child pictured.
- First, second, and third place awards will be awarded in each category. A “People’s Choice” winner will be chosen based on the number of votes photos receive on the Township’s Facebook page, as well as, from in-person voting.
- All entries will be visible on Liberty Township’s Facebook page and also displayed at Liberty Township Admin. Offices, 2845 Home Road, Powell, OH 43065. People's Choice votes may be submitted on the Liberty Township Facebook page and in-person at the Admin. Offices, 2845 Home Road. People’s Choice voting runs August 1, 2021 to August 14, 2021.
- Photos will be judged by Liberty Township’s Special Events and Community Relations Advisory Board, and the winners will be announced during the week of August 16, 2021, along with the People Choice’s winner. The decisions of the judges are final.
- Photos must be your own and not taken by somebody other than you. Your submission of the entry is your guarantee that you are the author, sole owner, and copyright holder of the photo.
- By entering this contest, each entrant grants to Liberty Township-Delaware County the right to use their name and/or photograph without further notice or compensation. Liberty Township-Delaware County may publish or use any submitted photograph at their sole discretion, giving credit to the photographer where possible. The entrant still retains the right to use and publish their photograph. Liberty Township-Delaware County reserves the right to reject any photograph if it is deemed as containing objectionable or questionable content.
- Participants acknowledge that any action taken by them to participate in this contest is voluntary. By participating, you, for yourself and your heirs and assigns, hereby release Liberty Township-Delaware County from any and all claims, demands, losses, suits, and actions of any kind.